"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
"Here is my secret. It is very simple: one sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes."

The Little Prince

Friday, February 11, 2011

Moving on...

I have my first surgery date set.  Yay!  Hard to believe this all began way back in October of 2010!  The nurse called to let me know it would be a process of two different surgical procedures.  The first is an EV LT and will be done on March 18th.  I will have a post opp. appointment and ultrasound with my surgeon the 25th to make sure all clots are gone and everything in progressing the way it should.  The recovery time is three to four weeks, so depending on how all that goes, we will then schedule the second surgical procedure (the actual removal/stripping of one of my veins).  I can't remember what the big fancy word is for that one.  We're looking at the end of April, beginning of May for that one.  It'll be a spring/summer of surgery and healing by the looks of things.  Was hoping to get back on that bike path a little sooner, but I'm more than ready to get this all done and over with!  I'm sure my family is too!!!  Now to 'take it easy' after surgery will be a little tough--but I was warned that if I don't, the veins could reopen (gross) in an explosive manner that would undue everything~scared me enough to take the advice to heart.  Most nervous about being put under.  Little nervous about the pain afterwards, the icky bandages, and the fact that I can't get them wet for four days--so gross.  I'll make Marty change and clean everything (smile).  So, the process of operation get healthy is on it's way.  I'm excited and scared, but mostly excited.  To be pain free will be such a huge relief and blessing!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment