"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
"Here is my secret. It is very simple: one sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes."

The Little Prince

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas is over, but the Merry is still in our hearts!

The birthday cake the boys make for Jesus every year (he's like a billion years old by now, Max says =))

Gma and Gpa Mitchell for Christmas in Iowa City

The boys in their matching Bumble shirts at Katie and Greg's awesome Christmas party!

Singing happy birthday to baby Jesus on Christmas night with Aunt Molly and Aunt Jen



Santa and Mrs. Clause made a surprise stop at the Black residence!  Don't know who was more thrilled, me or the boys! Thank you so much, Katie and Greg!!!  This was so special! =)

Our annual preschool Christmas program at Jester Auditorium~I love my job and these little elves!  How cute are they?  As much as I get worn out (and catch cooties), I catch even more love and hugs!!!
My awesome co-teachers that I am blessed to also call friends!

SANTA CAME!!!  Christmas morning...

Jen, me, and Molly (we missed Erin and Harold and Tim and Jenna but held you in our hearts!)

Marty and I at mom's (blessed, thankful, and a little sleepy)

Griffyn and Molly making a tent in the living room at Gma and Gpa's in Norwalk

Continuing to lift baby John and the Ten Pas family up in prayer!
Hot tea and honey to clear my stuffy head and ease a sore throat.  Tired from head to toe.  The house is a mess of toys that still need to be organized and trays of cookies and sweets are strewn all around the kitchen (thanks to all of our friends and neighbors for the goodies =)).  The boys are asking me "where are we going today?".  We have enjoyed time with friends and family, and are missing those who are no longer with us and far away~but feeling blessed to have them in our lives.  Though exhausted, my heart is full and happy. 
I think of Charles Dickens and the famous words he penned through the mouth of Tiny Tim, "God bless us everyone".  Feeling richly blessed.  Knowing each and every day can truly be Christmas with Christ living in our hearts--the greatest gift of all brought to this earth in the form of a precious little baby boy--the light of all humanity, our Savior.  There is no greater joy!
We spent the day before Christmas Eve and half of the next (had to leave early as Griff and I were getting walloped with allergies due to dog hair and I hadn't brought my inhaler or G's nebs~allergy meds can only do so much when your asthma starts to act up) in Iowa City with Gma and Gpa Mitchell and cousins.  We spent Christmas Eve at our house, and the boys slept in our room waiting for Santa to come (Max hears him every single year).  Santa came Christmas morning and we headed to Norwalk to spend time with my Mom, Homer and Jen and Molly.  It was very relaxed--mom just had surgery the weekend before, so we had a huge taco buffet bar, celebrated Jesus's birthday with cake and ice cream, and watched a movie together.  It all came and went so quickly, as it does every year it seems. 
We had our annual preschool Christmas program at Jester and also sang for the employees at Methodist in the cafeteria (I missed this cafeteria "show" as I was sick).  I have amazing friends that are also my coworkers and it wouldn't be the holidays without this "tradition" =).  Love you guys!  Stressful, yes--but everyone knows "the best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all to hear" (smile).
The boys and I all had our share of sickness--ranging from stomach, to ear and sinus.  It seems that everyone was hit by this--some more than once.  It made for a few less "traditional" treats coming out of the Mitchell kitchen, but no one seemed to mind.  Didn't get Grandpa Jerry's caramels made that I usually get to him every year as part of his gifts.  Will have to make him some Valentine caramels instead! 
Love, peace, and joy to you all.  May you relax, sit back, and take it all in before the new year starts.  Marty and I are starting to think that we should adopt a few Hanukkah and Kwanzaa traditions next year~~we like the idea of the celebration being spread out for days~~leaves more time for reflection and truly being present in the season. 
We also remember the Ten Pas family, as always, in our daily prayers.  Their Christmas was spent in the hospital while baby John had his second round of surgery.  We pray for continued strength and healing for his little body, and that the Lord and Savior would wrap his loving arms around their family and give them the comfort and peace that only He can give.  Love you!
Blessings to you all, and now to brew another cup of tea and clean up the kitchen (without eating anything else).  I will try not to think of all that must be done in the form of putting Christmas away.  It makes me a little sad.  I will hold onto it just a bit longer--we can always put a bunch of hearts on the tree in February--and it truly doesn't feel right to take all these snowmen down until we actually have some snow. 
Feeling love, feeling joy, feeling complete and content.  Thank you, God, for your saving gift to all of humanity.  May we always continue to seek you!!!   And in the words of little Tiny Tim, "God bless us everyone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment