"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
"Here is my secret. It is very simple: one sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes."

The Little Prince

Friday, April 8, 2011

Success!!!

Just had my post op. apt. with Dr. Fry and another ultrasound to make sure all clotting was gone today (a week after surgery).  Everything looks fabulous!  So happy!  Been a long, slow, painful week, but by Thursday, I was feeling pretty good!!!  Thanks to all of my amazing friends and family for all of your care, support, yummy meals, and love.  It was all very much appreciated!!!  Aside from a little hiccup with a stint in the ER for Griff this week, it has been smooth sailing!  Nothing like your baby having to get a couple stitches from being a little too brave on a big slide at the park with Daddy to take your mind off your own pain.  Smile.
Excited for just three weeks left of taking it slow.  Looking forward to feeling 100% soon and very happy with the results so far.  God is good! 
My "champion" 2 year old after stitches (this was taken after getting home from the ER after 11 p.m.~Daddy got him ice-cream from McDonald's.  I think he ate two bites.  Such a trooper!!!).

As a side note, Griffyn's third birthday is coming up very soon.  He is obsessed with the Nick Jr. show "Max and Ruby" (I think in large part due to the fact that his big brother's name is Max) adapted from the Rosemary Wells book series.  Marty and I stopped by Nobbies on our way back from my ultrasound today and found NOTHING.  There are no licensed products out there.  I found a cake topper and a few little toys online, but not on any reputable sites I would order from.  If anyone finds or knows of anyplace online or in store that I can find "Max and Ruby" products, please, please, please let me know.  I would greatly appreciate it!  He has one little "Max" beanie made by Ty, but I can't seem to find anything else (beside the books and videos).  I have a few weeks to get creative, but any advice, tips, or information on the subject would be most welcome!

So, things are going well, and everything worked out in God's perfect timing--and I have to admit, it all went by very fast.  Such is life!  Take care, much love and peace to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment