"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
"Here is my secret. It is very simple: one sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes."

The Little Prince

Monday, January 2, 2012

Etsy finds...

"Three little birds sat on my window, and they told me I don't need to worry..."

I love etsy. I rarely buy, but I love to look at all the the beautiful handmade things (and it is often overwhelming as there are so many in every genre imaginable) and marvel at the artistry, vision, and talents of other human beings. I also like the idea of supporting people, instead of big businesses that crank out product after product. Artisans make these products with devotion and love~not a big, cold, machine. They are truly little treasures and pieces of someone else. A bit too romantic?
I "discovered" the artist, Amy Giacomelli who hails from Monument, Colorado and owns the little shop SkyeArt.  I kind of fell in love. I adore simplicity. So much of life is complicated. She creates these very simple, organic pieces that revolve mostly around birds. Another love. They symbolize freedom to me with their gift of flight and escape (have yet to get my Picasso dove tattoo). A dear friend of mine gave me a bookmark that reads "she was on a journey back to her wings". I think of this quote as well. We all have wings, we just have to be brave enough to use them.
"Dare to live..." I appreciate the reminder stated so simply in the form of three little birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment