"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
"Here is my secret. It is very simple: one sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes."

The Little Prince

Friday, March 2, 2012

Keep moving forward...

Been so emotional today (dear friends, don't laugh~~I know this is me most days).  Just feeling things a lot, praying lots, thinking lots...


About a special friend who is fighting the fight of her life~
cancer... 

Please keep her and her family in your prayers.  I have known Nicole since her oldest daughter was a year old~~eight or nine years now~~time goes by so fast and I seem to have lost count.  Max and Paige were in preschool together.  She is one of those magnificent people who has a true servant's heart.  There aren't many people like that in this world any more.  And the amazing thing is she continues to serve and love and spoil us all while caring for her three children (the youngest being three), working a demanding job, and currently going through radiation (this woman has been through it all~~there is no medal or trophy big enough).  This lovely  woman baked the entire upstairs (I'll call it the preschool wing of our building) the most delicious chocolate chip cookies I had even eaten in the midst of the crazy (and the new normal) that is her life right now.  That's A LOT of cookies...  (and lots of grateful teachers).  She continues to give all of us the cutest, most thoughtful, and most creative gifts for every "holiday" imaginable.  She is super woman.  Cancer has not taken that from her...  I have come to believe that nothing could!
I am deeply humbled by her positive attitude, her patience, her courage, her sense of humor, and her enormous heart.  I love her smile, her creativity, the mischief behind her eyes, her laugh, her wit, her spirit--and her adorable children.  She is forever in our family's thoughts and prayers.  She is, quite simply, my role model.  She doesn't complain when she has SO MUCH she could complain about.  She continues to fight, to count her blessings, and she continues to smile.  I hope that some day I can repay her for all the goodness, kindness, and thoughtfulness she has shown me.  She keeps moving forward.  She keeps looking up.  What is my measly excuse?  
The Mighty McComas Family
If you could do me a favor and vote for this courageous woman on www.pinkwell.org under the name "Katie's Crusaders", I would appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.  There is none more deserving and this would greatly help this awesome family.  You can vote each and every day until May.  It takes all of two seconds to do something that may give someone just a bit more hope, a bit more peace, a little glimmer of something good... 
I have never hated a disease so much in my life, nor have I seen a woman fight it with such grace.  We love you, you mighty McComas crew, and our prayers, our thoughts, and our hopes are with you always.  Many, many hugs and blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment